Tennessee Titans training camp winners and losers this far
By Will Lomas
Winner: Corey Davis
The passing game has been a huge focus of training camp, especially with Derrick Henry sitting out. Just like always, the Titans need something special Davis delivers.
This isn’t nearly single-handedly destroying the Philadelphia Eagles or New England Patriots, nor is it a game winning catch against the New York Jets, but the streak he is on during this training camp is fun to see.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Day in and day out Davis is making big plays in traffic and opening up space to throw him the ball with his routes.
He was always effective, but the volume just wasn’t there and the passing game was erratic with LaFleur seemingly forcing Marcus Mariota to look to other receivers.
This training camp has been different, with Davis seeming to be the focal point of the passing game and when that pressure is put on him he seems to thrive even more.
I’m going to take all of this with a grain of salt because I have had my heart broken before, but Davis looks really good so far.