The 5 most positive things about the 2021 Tennessee Titans
By Will Lomas
5. 4 draft picks in the top-100
Here is a breakdown of the top-100 picks that Jon Robinson has had since becoming the GM of the Titans (excluding the 2020 class):
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Great (4): Jack Conklin, Derrick Henry, Kevin Byard, A.J. Brown
Good (6): Jeffery Simmons, Harold Landry, Nate Davis, Corey Davis, Adoree Jackson, Jonnu Smith
Fine (3): Rashaan Evans, Austin Johnson, Taywan Taylor
Bad (1): Kevin Dodd
Doing some quick math that means that history suggests that each one of those four picks has a 29% chance to be great, 71% chance to be good or better, and only a 7% chance of being a bad pick.
Those are some great odds, which is good because imagine how good this team could be if they added a defensive tackle or an EDGE that belonged in that “Great” category or even another one in the “Good” tier.
Draft picks as a whole are generally overrated because they are a crapshoot and you don’t know how long it will take for them to develop. However, Robinson’s picks have rarely been outright misses and even if you think that the 2020 draft class wasn’t great, it won’t bring his numbers down that much.
There is a lot of hope that this year’s class will be better than the last and that the last class might actually have some underrated talent if Kristian Fulton and Darrynton Evans can get healthy this year.