Breon Borders, CB
Breon Borders may end up keeping the starting cornerback job based on the way he has been playing lately. Well, maybe that is an over-exaggeration, but you can tell that his presence isn’t quite the bottomless void that the Titans had when Johnathan Joseph was on the field.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Last week against Chicago, Borders played very well and he was matched up with Anthony Miller most of the game. He was targeted 13 times and allowed six completions for 43 yards. Borders has also not given up a touchdown this season.
Against the Colts, it was much of the same story. Borders was not perfect, but in a defense where you aren’t asked to stop receptions, just limit the yards after the catch, he was good enough.
Borders started the game off on a bad note as he immediately gave up a 14-yard reception to T.Y. Hilton. However, after that, it was nothing but smooth sailing for the 25-year-old.
The 6’0″ cornerback only allowed three total receptions for 28 yards and had five tackles. Let’s not forget that he is also playing 100% of the defensive snaps as well.
If he can continue to play like this, his game will have no ‘Borders’.