2. Giovani Bernard, RB
Giovani Bernard is in an interesting position because despite signing an extension with Cincinnati a year ago, you could easily make the case he is expendable in Cincy.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
For one, Bernard will soon turn 29, which is older for a running back. Secondly, he is slotted behind Joe Mixon, who is one of the better backs in the league and should be getting the lions share of touches.
What I love about Bernard is his pass-catching ability. Since Bernard entered the league in 2013, he has had at least 30 receptions every single season. This would bring a much-needed element to the Titans’ running back room, and would greatly compliment Derrick Henry in the backfield.
The Titans also don’t have much behind Henry on the depth chart. Rookie Darrynton Evans looks set to be Henry’s backup, but he’s a rookie from a small school. Adding a proven veteran such as Bernard could do wonders for a young Titan offense.
I would expect maybe a 4th and 6th round pick get a deal done as the Bengals try to get some money to pay their RB1 or to built talent around Joe Burrow.