Markus Golden, EDGE
Turron Davenport was absolutely in love with the potential of Golden to the Tennessee Titans this offseason, and while it didn’t work out, the door isn’t shut yet.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Golden is basically on a 1-year, $5 million deal and he is the definition of a boom or bust player. To show you what I mean, in the last four years he has had two seasons with 10+ sacks and two seasons that combined for 2.5 sacks over 15 games.
Even with some injuries over those middle two seasons, those are some bad numbers.
Golden is just a year older than Shaquil Barrett who just led the NFL in sacks after being a rotational player for his entire career. Titans fans might remember Jason Babin who came in and re-ignited his career after years of bouncing around the NFL.
With all the turmoil going on at the EDGE position for the Tennessee Titans, maybe they should just scrap the idea of Vic Beasley and bring in Markus Golden to come in on sub-packages in addition to the obligatory Jadeveon Clowney signing.