Amani Hooker played 84% of snaps on special teams for the Tennessee Titans in 2019. Any player that gets that much time on special teams and manages to earn 30% of defensive snaps as a rookie is bound to play an increased role the next season.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Hooker might not be the most athletic player on the Titans defense, but he uses his strength and smarts to be a reliable defensive player. Hooker only missed 4.8% of tackles in 2019, which was 4th best on the team among players who played more than 10 games.
Amani Hooker is a special value to the Titans considering his versatility. He is very reliable as a special teams player as well as a safety. But one thing you must remember about Hooker is that he can also slide down and play the slot corner position effectively.
My projection for Amani Hooker in 2020 is that he sees at least 10% more of defensive snaps bringing him up to 40%. I believe he still stays under 5% of missed tackles. In addition to all of that, I think you can count on Hooker to bring in at least one interception in 2019.