With a baseline measurement of what a 16-game season should look like from Marcus Mariota (Option A) and a moderate improvement (Option B), what would a big improvement look like?
According to the model McFarland is using, it would look like the highlighted Option C:
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Option A: 3,430 yards, 7.5 YPA, 20 TDs,
Option B: 3,975 yards, 7.75 YPA, 23 TDs
Option C: 4,230 yards, 8.25 YPA and 28 TDs
Last year those numbers would have put him 11th in passing yards, 6th in YPA and 11th in passing TDs.
Again, these numbers would instantly earn him a huge deal in Tennessee and likely make him the highest paid QB in the league. That isn’t to say that he is the best QB in the NFL, but that is just what you have to do with QBs if you want to keep them.