Tennessee Titans may get some great injury news
By Will Lomas
Tennessee Titans fans could get some very good news.
While it looks like a long shot that the Tennessee Titans could get Delanie Walker back, it seems much more possible after today that they may get promising EDGE Sharif Finch back.
Two big pieces of evidence came out today that the Titans are either going to ask Finch to tough it out, or they think the injury isn’t as bad as initially feared.
The first is when the Titans put Logan Ryan on IR. That act had nothing to do with Finch in itself, but the fact that he didn’t also get placed on IR at the same time didn’t make sense. You would imagine that the Titans would make all their moves at once and move on. Luke and I talked about it here:
All of that was just speculation, but John Glennon tweeted this a little while ago and several other tweets started popping up about how Finch probably wouldn’t go on IR.
So let’s just say that Finch has something like a 25% chance to play this weekend and a 75% chance to play next week. That would be a huge boost to the team as he may be playing as well as any EDGE on the team not named Harold Landry.
More from Titans News
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
On top of that, the Titans seem to like moving him around and even having him play some off the ball linebacker as well as special teams. Finch isn’t a key piece in the defense, but he is someone who makes everything work just a little bit better when he is on the field.
The other big piece of news is it seems like Brian Orakpo has a chance to play on Saturday, but like Sharif Finch he is much more likely to be available by the Week 17 matchup.
If the Titans can get Finch back and if Brian Orakpo can spend his time recovering and getting his legs underneath him then that would make a huge difference in the pass rush for Tennessee.
It is something to keep an eye on as the week progresses but again, I remain cautiously optimistic that the Titans may not be as injured as we thought yesterday. As Tennessee finishes the regular season, every injury is more costly than the last.
In Week 17 the Titans will face the Colts with potentially a playoff spot and possibly even the AFC South crown on the line. With two teams so equally matched, it may all come down to which team is the healthiest and these injuries are key to that matchup.