Playing Over/Under with Mike Clay’s Tennessee Titans projections pt.2
By Will Lomas
Defensive line O/U: DaQuan Jones, 2 sacks
Jurrell Casey is the soul of the defensive line and he has been for the last five years, totaling 32.5 sacks in that time, a number that puts him near the top in terms of interior defensive linemen not named Aaron Donald.
While Casey is the leader of that unit, no one has stepped up and become the #2 guy on that DL. Even at Karl Klug’s peak, there was never a sense that the defensive line was really that imposing.
More from Titans News
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
However, that all has a chance to change with Jones who is coming off of a career stretch before an biceps injury (something I am not concerned about at all). In his last two games, he had more sacks than he did in his first 3 years combined.
While there is an element of luck in that, it is also because he finally started looking like he had adapted to the speed of the NFL.
The Dean Pees defense isn’t really known for highlighting defensive line play, but I still think that there is a good chance that Jones is just that good this year on a defense that should open up for everyone.