San Francisco 49ers: Ronald Blair, DL/EDGE
It really isn’t clear what Blair is to me, but I know that he has a really nice frame and that he was very productive coming out of college (32 TFLs, 12.5 sacks in two years).
If you know Jon Robinson’s background, you know that production is important to him and with one DL/EDGE likely on the way out (Dodd) this could be a way to make the bottom of the roster better.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Why would he be available?
Look at what the 49ers have invested in the DL/EDGE positions over the last three years
-Three 1st round picks
-FA Cassius Marsh
-4th round pick Kentavius Street (who would have gone higher if he was healthy)
That makes it really hard to get developmental reps, so if the 49ers are too deep anywhere then this is where to look.
What would he bring to the Titans?
Not much honestly.
Look, I like Blair and thought he did some nice things coming out but he is someone that would probably be inactive most weeks. However, is he better than Dodd (if the Titans are on the fence about keeping him)? Yes, so giving up a conditional 7th wouldn’t break my heart.