The Tennessee Titans need to add position at these 3 positions.
The Tennessee Titans 53-man roster is finalized, but according to the coaches this is still not the roster they will enter the regular season with.
Mike Mularkey hinted that there is a good chance that this team isn’t done making moves, nor should it be.
I think there is a good chance that they consider cutting Kevin Dodd after saying that he will only be active on game days if he can play special teams, something he hasn’t really done.
So, the question is where would these additions come if another player like Dodd or Tye Smith were cut? These are the 3 biggest needs remaining for me.
More from Titans Free Agency
- ESPN suggests a Tennessee Titans reunion in free agency
- It is time for the Tennessee Titans to re-sign these three free agents
- Every Tennessee Titans free agent signing has this in common
- Will this be the next free agent signing for the Tennessee Titans?
- 3 free agents the Tennessee Titans should still target
Say what you want, but for all their versatility I don’t think the Titans have a player on their roster that is a true nose tackle type.
With the cut of Al Woods and Angelo Blackson, I think the Titans need an aggressive presence in the middle of the field. If there is a young, run stuffing tackle available it would free up the other defensive linemen to stay on the edge.
I never thought we would be in this position, but yes the Titans actually have too few pass catchers. Before cutting both Eric Weems and Tre McBride, Tennessee put Tajae Sharpe on IR meaning his season is done.
Now, they have only 8 pass catchers between this position and tight end. Look for them to remedy this in free agency.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
This may seem strange, but I think the Titans know the importance of getting to the quarterback. While Tennessee kept 5 pass rushers, if Kevin Dodd can’t play special teams he won’t be active like I said above.
That means that you go into the game with Derrick Morgan, Brian Orakpo, Erik Walden, Josh Carraway and if he is active you get Aaron Wallace too. If Wallace stays on the bench though (he is technically a ILB) then you are down to four.
I think you need to have a constant stream of pass rushers to win in the NFL and I would love to see them find a way to add a really talented edge rusher whether in a trade or on waivers if they can work that magic.
So, those are the spots I would go after in these next few hours/days. The Tennessee Titans have a great core, they just need a few more players to make this one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.