Second year guard Sebastian Tretola reportedly involved in an incident.
According to a recent report, Tennessee Titans second year guard Sebastian Tretola was shot in the ankle last night.
This is the time of year where you really don’t want to read a Titans player’s name because there is almost no positive news on the week before training camp.
More from Titans Rumors
- Should the Tennessee Titans reload include a Derrick Henry trade
- Should the Tennessee Titans trade for Lamar Jackson
- Will Tennessee Titans reunite Mike Vrabel and DeAndre Hopkins
- Tennessee Titans should trade for Denver Broncos’ Jerry Jeudy
- Tennessee Titans rumors: List of NFL players on the trade block
For Tretola, the news may be career threatening after being shot in the leg. The report above states:
“Titans rookie lineman Sebastian Tretola was reportedly shot overnight in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
According to local media, Tretola was shot in the ankle around 2:00 a.m. in a parking lot near the Sterling District Apartments near Dickson Street.”
Rick Merritt was the first one to bring this story to my attention, though Clay Travis seems to be posting similar information on his timeline:
So, while I don’t know for a fact that this all happened it is becoming increasingly obvious that something happened and it is all likely true.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
My concern for Tretola is that even if this isn’t an immediate threat to his healthy, being shot in the ankle is probably a detriment to being ready for the regular season. I would imagine that he will be spending this year on PUP if not on IR.
Luckily for the Titans this may actually open up a spot for Corey Levin and Tim Lelito, two interior linemen that can play guard and center. Both players were brought in by Jon Robinson this offseason.
Hopefully Tretola is alright because he is a fan favorite and genuinely seems like a fun guy to interview. Best wishes and thoughts to the second year man from Arkansas.