Bringing you the best bits of news or information about the Tennessee Titans that has circulated around the internet during the week.
Missed anything about the Tennessee Titans throughout the week? Fear not, for we are here to bring you whatever you might have missed about your favorite team! This week is all about OTAs.
- DeMarco Murray and Tajae Sharpe have undergone operations and will be out for a little while
- Nate Palmer has shed weight and looks primed for a breakout 2017 season
- Derrick Henry is going to hurt someone on the football field this year, probably
- Who’s ready for some Cyp Bombs? Johnathan Cyprien might actually kill someone this year
- Mike Mularkey mentioned Daren Bates, Jayon Brown, Kevin Byard and Da’Norris Searcy as options for the nickel linebacker role
- Mularkey is superstitious and a really nice, relatable guy
Mike Mularkey’s comments on the nickel linebacker role are very much something that holds weight. For much of the offseason, the odds were probably on Johnathan Cyprien being the nickel linebacker, but Mularkey says that Cyprien won’t be considered in that role and will focus on being a strong safety. The same wasn’t said for Kevin Byard, who will continue to be used in a variety of ways. He showed last season that he can play inside and outside of the box and cover just about anyone.
Jayon Brown makes the most sense as the main nickel linebacker. He was outstanding in coverage in his final collegiate season and fits the mold perfectly. Daren Bates was brought in primarily for special teams, but he will likely play a small role on defense to boot.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Another linebacker who is expected to play a bigger role in 2017 is Nate Palmer, who by all accounts has looked fantastic in OTAs. It’s safe to be wary by OTAs puff pieces, but Palmer has shed 20 pounds and could very well make an impact this season.
Derrick Henry might not get the workload he deserves in 2017, but he’s going to be ready when his number is called. He’s coming off an impressive rookie season and should get more touches in his second year. He went back to school, worked hard to prepare himself and will once again form one of the best running back duos in the league with DeMarco Murray.
Speaking of Murray, he just so happened to have a minor operation on his hand recently. No big deal, right? Right!? Murray called it a “lingering issue” that needed to be addressed, so it was. He’s expected to be fine by training camp, so no reason to panic just yet.
A different reason to panic could be Tajae Sharpe’s foot surgery, which is also considered to be minor. Sharpe’s situation is more concerning because some wide receivers with prior foot injuries have struggled to regain form and health, most notably Sammy Watkins of the Buffalo Bills. Add in the civil lawsuit filed against him and the drafting of Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor, and this offseason has been one to forget for Sharpe.