A possible cornerback addition for the Tennessee Titans.
Did you know that Jon Robinson was a key part of the New England Patriots organization for over a decade?
If you haven’t heard that (and I have no idea how that could be possible) now you have.
During that time, Robinson brought in an undrafted cornerback who had bounced around practice squads on to his roster. That cornerback’s name was Kyle Arrington.
More from Titans Free Agency
- ESPN suggests a Tennessee Titans reunion in free agency
- It is time for the Tennessee Titans to re-sign these three free agents
- Every Tennessee Titans free agent signing has this in common
- Will this be the next free agent signing for the Tennessee Titans?
- 3 free agents the Tennessee Titans should still target
Recently, Arrington was released by the Baltimore Ravens:
This comes on the heels of being put on I.R. last year, and I don’t imagine that there are actual long term health complications. This is just something teams do.
While Arrington isn’t a big name, he showed during his long time in New England that he can affect passes. In his last three seasons as a full time starter with the Patriots, Arrington had 39 pass break ups in three years.
Health injuries made him not worth his contract to the Baltimore Ravens, but to be fair they have addressed cornerback pretty heavily in the last few years. So they weren’t cutting a projected starter.
Likewise, I don’t think he would be a starter for the Tennessee Titans. However, I do think he could be a great high floor, low ceiling type of player for the Titans.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Right now, this is what the nickel package and depth chart looks like for Tennessee:
Boundary CB1: Adoree Jackson
Boundary CB2: LeShaun Sims
Slot CB: Logan Ryan
CB4: Brice McCain
CB5: D’Joun Smith
CB6: Kalan Reed
That is very bad after the first three. I’m not suggesting that Arrington is going to be a world beater, but he has a lot of experience including a Super Bowl win. That is something that Robinson looks for.
On top of that, he affects passes consistently and he was used in a variety of ways during his time in New England.
I think Dick LeBeau would love to get his hands on a versatile, veteran defensive back who could be active on gameday and provide solid depth.
Not a ground breaking signing, but it would churn the bottom of the roster which is what great teams do as they strive to get better. The Tennessee Titans are now one of those teams.