After dominating the first half and going into halftime with a 13-0 lead, the Titans almost let the Broncos come back in this one, but held on to win 13-10.
As expected, this was a tight, low scoring game that could have went either way. Here is this week’s edition of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
• The TitanSized offensive game ball in this one goes to DeMarco Murray. I almost gave it to the offensive linemen, but I would have liked to see better pass protection from the unit. Murray ran for 92 yards and a touchdown in this one, he showcased great vision, and got yards after contact.
• The TitanSized defensive game ball was a little harder to decide on as the unit played great together as a whole. I finally decided on Derrick Morgan. Had a sack and created constant pressure.
• Not only did the Titans defense create its first forced fumble and recovery, but the unit created two. The last one was a game saver.
• The Titans held Von Miller without a sack.
• Trey McBride made a great heads up play as a gunner downing the ball at the two yard line and not allowing himself to slide into the end zone.
• The second half play calling was abysmal. Really, it was awful. Mike Mularkey has done a great job building a system that works for his players, but Terry Robiskie should not be in charge of calling plays. After dominating on the ground in the first half, he decided to throw the football almost every play during the second half.
• Which brings me to my next point, Marcus Mariota had an awful day. He completed 6 of 20 passes for 88 yards.
• The secondary played better, but still not good. Jason McCourty was the main culprit in this one.
• Marc Mariani was terrible as a return specialist. Seriously, there was a few returns where he would have been better off allowing a touchback.
• Harry Douglas hit Chris Harris low on a dirty hit/block, injuring him.
• The Titans were robbed on a touchdown pass to Delanie Walker because the officials wouldn’t let Tennessee review it.
• Although I was hoping for a tie, the Texans beat the Colts, which is a good thing because we have a rematch with Houston in Week 17.