There’s only so much news and analysis that we can disseminate to the readers on TitanSized. There are always noteworthy tidbits/nuggets of information about the Titans that don’t make it into our posts but should be noted. This is why we try to bring those bits of information at the end of the week in this article.
Here’s what you may have missed.
- Sweet music to my ears
- Our boy is the AFC Offensive Player of the Month
- The Titans love using tight ends
- Our own Will Lomas gets us amped for the future!
- My bromance with Rishard Matthews continues, and everyone else has taken notice
- Thanks to the Rams and Jeff Fisher, we’d be drafting 7th overall if the season ended now
If you missed it earlier this week, the Titans finally released Perrish Cox. Cox was the worst cornerback in the league this year, and that’s not even an exaggeration. He had been one of the primary reasons for why the Titans defense has been a sieve as the season has drawn on. Now, I’m not sure how much of an upgrade Valentino Blake, LeShaun Sims, or Kalan Reed will be, but they literally can’t be worse. Reed has the most talent and potential of the group, and I’d love to see him get the chance to make plays before the season ends.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Marcus Mariota is a bonafide stud and there is nothing left to say about him. He’s been outstanding this season and has provided an unforeseen comfort regarding this team’s future. Another Titan player that has given us hope for the future is Rishard Matthews. Six weeks ago, I wrote about how Matthews was coming on strong. But I didn’t think he would begin to show out like has done since I wrote that article. He’s easily become the Titans No. 1 receiver and Mariota’s favorite target in the end zone. He’s on his way to a career year and one of the best seasons by a Titans receiver in a long time.
I’m so thankful for Jeff Fisher. Not for his time here, but for his incompetency with the Rams. As the Rams continue to lose, the Titans’ draft pick of theirs continues to become better. In a draft class loaded with talent and the Titans looking likely to have a middling pick (depends on if we make the playoffs or not), the Rams pick that was traded to us is so important for the future of this franchise. Jon Robinson will have plenty to work with in 2017.