The Tennessee Titans hosted the Green Bay Packers in Week Ten. They won by scoring a ridiculous 47 points. The final score was 47 to 25. Here is this week’s addition of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
• The Titans live by Marcus Mariota and die by Marcus Mariota. This week they lived, as Mariota threw four touchdown passes.
• Marcus Mariota showed maturity, he didn’t throw any interceptions, he didn’t fumble, and he smartly knew when to get down on his runs.
• DeMarco Murray ran for 123 yards and averaged a crazy 7.2 yards per carry. He had a rushing touchdown and a passing touchdown to Delanie Walker.
• Speaking of Delanie Walke,r he had a great game as well. He had nine catches for 124 yards and a touchdown.
• Tajae Sharpe caught his first career touchdown on a 33 yard catch and run.
• The Titans offense can now be considered potent. They set a franchise record in this one, scoring 35 points in three consecutive games.
• The young safeties, Kevin Byard and Daimion Stafford, had good games. Byard had a sack and did some nice things in coverage. Stafford played a lot of snaps in the box and got his nose in a lot of tackles.
• Valentino Blake had a nice game. If I’m the coaching staff, I might consider letting him play across from Jason McCourty and move Perrish Cox back to the slot, where he excelled in San Francisco.
• The defense created pretty consistent pressure and came up with five sacks.
• Perrish Cox made a few plays in this one and even came up with a pick, but there was a lot of those usual situations were he was in a position to win but didn’t.
• Too many times, the Titans had Aaron Rogers dead to rights in the pocket and let him escape. The five sacks they had could have easily been seven or eight and maybe more.
• Taylor Lewan got ejected from the game after defensive tackle Letroy Guion jumped offside and then decided to blind side Marcus Mariota. None of the Titans offensive lineman liked that, but a ref just happened to get in front of Lewan. I can’t wait to see what Mularkey has to say about that as he has criticized officials on Lewan’s behalf multiple times this season already.
As usual, when the Titans win, the Good usually out weighs the bad and ugly, especially when they win big. One thing you should take away from this game, as I did: when the Titans are on their game, there’s not a team in this league they can’t compete with.