The Tennessee Titans have made a lot of changes to their personnel this offseason, but ESPN doesn’t think they should be done.
More from Titans Free Agency
- ESPN suggests a Tennessee Titans reunion in free agency
- It is time for the Tennessee Titans to re-sign these three free agents
- Every Tennessee Titans free agent signing has this in common
- Will this be the next free agent signing for the Tennessee Titans?
- 3 free agents the Tennessee Titans should still target
According to a recent spot on ESPN where Field Yates discussed the top available free agents, one name was described as a “best fit” with the Tennessee Titans.
Anquan Boldin, the very experienced and talented receiver was his choice for best receiver and best fit with the Titans. He explained this saying he would be a great teacher and at this point in the year any small improvement is a big one for a team, and free agents can’t really be picky.
I would say that I believe that Boldin could start on this team in Week 1. Boldin has done it all in his career:
-He started as the #2 in Arizona opposite Larry Fitzgerald and dominated, topping 850 yards in 6 of his first 7 years.
-In this 8th year, he made the move to Baltimore where he really was the #1 in a run heavy offense (something he could probably do in Tennessee).
-He stayed there for three years winning a Super Bowl ring and after that he became the #1 receiver in San Francisco topping 1,000 yards in two of his last three years.
Now he is sitting on the free agent market, and you can talk about a lack of speed all you want, but this guy has all the ability to be the next Steve Smith who faced the same doubts before he became a dominant again in Baltimore.
Now whose job would he take? Last year the Titans only dressed out 5 receivers on game day and they were:
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
Now, the logical swap is Harry Douglas since both would fill the same role of an “older teacher” in Tennessee. However, the new OC and head coach both love him and there is no way that he is going anywhere no matter what.
Then you go to Andrew Turzilli who isn’t with the team anymore, but you can go ahead and replace his name with new receiver Rishard Matthews.
As far as the 5th spot, Tre McBride and Tajae Sharpe will battle for the job of developmental/young receiver.
So, where is his spot? I would argue that the logjam at running back last year (5 including the fullback) will be better this year. You could see the Titans only dress out four total opening up a spot for Boldin.
I don’t know where that spot is, but I think it will be very interesting to see how this roster develops in the summer.