The Tennessee Titans are looking at Chris Ballard to be there next general manager, which would be a great move. Not only is he the consensus top candidate, he has some deep connections to some of the best free agents for the upcoming season.
More from Titans Free Agency
- ESPN suggests a Tennessee Titans reunion in free agency
- It is time for the Tennessee Titans to re-sign these three free agents
- Every Tennessee Titans free agent signing has this in common
- Will this be the next free agent signing for the Tennessee Titans?
- 3 free agents the Tennessee Titans should still target
Knowing the value of these players first hand, he should have the best connections and best ability to give a fair evaluation. Just look at some of the players set to be free agents this year from Kansas City.
Eric Berry, S:
Tennessee’s favorite player in the last decade has a chance to come available in free agency which would be a game changer for the Titans. Tennessee isn’t the only place that loves Berry, PFF has Berry ranked as the 5th best safety in the league.
Berry would be a home run player to sign, and he would be a player you could sell to the fan base and he would be a jewel for the next GM and HC.
Derrick Johnson, ILB:
Johnson is the 7th ranked linebacker in the league according to PFF and putting him in a situation where he could be playing for Dick LeBeau in a 3-4 would make a lot of sense for him. He could fill the spot vacated by Zach Brown and be a big upgrade.
Sean Smith, CB:
Smith is the 13th ranked corner in the league and again, he fills a huge need for the Titans. Smith is a true #1 CB, and he would instantly relieve the pressure on that back-end with Jason McCourty taking over the #2 job and Perrish Cox playing the #3.
Jeff Allen, Guard:
Allen is yet another top-15 player at his position, and also yet again he is at a huge position of need. Allen would allow the Titans even more flexibility in the draft.
Husain Abdullah, S:
Another top safety set to hit the market, he is yet again a top-15 player at his position (13th). Do I sound like a broken record at this point?
More from Titan Sized
- Tennessee Titans suspiciously quiet about major draft need
- Tennessee Titans agree to new deal with star Jeffery Simmons
- Caesars Promo Code Expires Soon – Claim $1,250 Today
- 3 needs that are being overblown by Tennessee Titans fans
- Tennessee Titans have potential dilemmas in 2023 NFL Draft
At the end of the day, if the Tennessee Titans just end up signing three of the top five Kansas City free agents (Berry, Smith, Allen) then they will bolster their three weakest positions in the draft.
The Titans would have a great secondary and an offensive line that isn’t as in shambles as we thought. All the more reason to bring in Ballard.