An early look at Tennessee Titans depth chart after roster cuts
Let’s take an early look at the Tennessee Titans’ depth chart following roster cut day.
Now that the Tennessee Titans roster has been cut down to 53 after Saturday’s deadline, we can see what the depth chart looks like before Week 1.
Of course, things can change if the Titans decide to make roster moves and this depth chart is still unofficial, but the mess that was the depth chart before roster cuts is no more.
Let’s take an early look at the depth chart prior to the regular season opener on September 8th against the Cleveland Browns.
This depth chart is per the Titans’ official site.
WR: Corey Davis
TE: Delanie Walker, Jonnu Smith, MyCole Pruitt, Anthony Firkser
LT: Dennis Kelly
LG: Rodger Saffold, David Quessenberry
C: Ben Jones
RG: Kevin Pamphile, Jamil Douglas, Nate Davis
RT: Jack Conklin
WR: Adam Humphries, Darius Jennings, Kalif Raymond
WR: Tajae Sharpe, A.J. Brown
QB: Marcus Mariota, Ryan Tannehill
RB: Derrick Henry, Dion Lewis, David Fluellen, Dalyn Dawkins
- The Titans have three starting receivers listed: Corey Davis, Adam Humphries and Tajae Sharpe. As long as everything goes according to plan, A.J. Brown should be able to surpass Sharpe on the depth chart. We also hope to see plenty of three-receiver sets this season.
- Rookie Nate Davis is third on the depth chart at right guard behind Kevin Pamphile and Jamil Douglas, but all rookies on the roster are listed last. Davis missed significant practice time with an injury, so it’ll likely take him some more time to get acclimated. We see him taking the starting job at some point this season.
- Taylor Lewan is not listed because he’s suspended. The Titans can add him to the active roster on Monday, September 30th, following the Week 4 game against the Atlanta Falcons.
DE: Brent Urban
NT: DaQuan Jones, Austin Johnson
DT: Jurrell Casey, Matt Dickerson, Isaiah Mack
OLB: Cameron Wake, Sharif Finch
ILB: Rashaan Evans, Wesley Woodyard, David Long
ILB: Jayon Brown, Daren Bates
OLB: Harold Landry, Kamalei Correa
CB: Logan Ryan, Adoree Jackson, Tye Smith
SS: Kenny Vaccaro, Dane Cruikshank
FS: Kevin Byard, Joshua Kalu, Amani Hooker
CB: Malcolm Butler
- We don’t see newly-acquired outside linebacker Reggie Gilbert on here just yet. He should get added during the week before the regular season begins. He is recovering from a knee injury but is expected to be ready by Week 2 at the latest.
- Amani Hooker is listed as the third free safety, but again all rookies on here are the last ones at their respective positions. Hooker showed out during the preseason and looks to be a promising young player in this Titans secondary.
- Isaiah Mack is listed as the third defensive tackle behind Jurrell Casey and Matt Dickerson. His stellar play during the preseason forced the Titans to carry six defensive linemen, which the team didn’t do going into 2018.
- Rashaan Evans has been listed as the team’s starter on the inside since the first unofficial depth chart, and there he remains, ahead of Wesley Woodyard.
- For now, Brent Urban is listed as the starter at defensive end. That could certainly change during the season, though.
K: Ryan Succop
KO: Ryan Succop
P: Brett Kern
H: Brett Kern, Ryan Tannehill
PR: Adam Humphries, Adoree’ Jackson, Kalif Raymond
KOR: Darius Jennings, Adoree’ Jackson, Dion Lewis
LS: Beau Brinkley, Ben Jones
Special teams notes
- Humphries is listed ahead of Adoree’ Jackson as the punt returner. Head coach Mike Vrabel has stated both will see action there, and Kalif Raymond proved to be a solid returner during the preseason, so him getting chances certainly wouldn’t be a surprise.
- Darius Jennings is the No. 1 kick returner right now. Jennings had a good preseason as a returner, and his ability to contribute in that regard definitely helped him earn a roster spot, enabling the Titans to send Taywan Taylor packing.
- Jackson and Dion Lewis could also get some run on kickoffs, apparently.
- Brett Kern is a god. That is all.