When will the Tennessee Titans make certain offseason personnel decisions? Check out an entire NFL offseason schedule that includes all minor and major events leading up to NFL Kickoff Weekend 2014. Below are the most important dates to keep in mind:
- FEBRUARY 17: First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.
- FEBRUARY 19-25: NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- MARCH 3: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.
- MARCH 8: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2013 Player Contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 11. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 11.
- MARCH 11: The 2014 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.The first day of the 2014 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 11. clubs will receive a Personnel Notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 11.
- MARCH 11: Trading period for 2014 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2013 contracts.
- APRIL 7: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2013 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.
- MAY 2: Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign Offer Sheets.
- MAY 8-10: 2014 NFL Draft, New York City, New York.
- JUNE 2: Deadline for Prior Club to send “June 1 Tender” to its unsigned Unrestricted Free Agents. If the player has not signed a Player Contract with a Club by July 22 or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later, he may negotiate or sign a Player Contract from that date until the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, at 4:00 p.m., New York time, only with his Prior Club.
- JULY 15: At 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for any Club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multi-year contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract with his Prior Club for the 2014 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the Club’s last regular season game.
- MID-JULY: Training Camps
- SEP 4, 7-8: Kickoff Weekend 2014
SOURCE: NFL Communications