Observations, Past Results
- Keep an eye on the injuries to Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo. Both may play, although it seems doubtful.
- A lot of divisional games with big lines. Don’t get suckered into too many of them. Divisional games have a tendency of turning into closer games than many expected.
- While logic suggests otherwise, I’m thinking a major upset will happen. Something like a Jets over Dolphins, Buccaneers over Saints, or maybe even a Rams upset over Seahawks. Despite that, I’m not confident enough to pick any of those, at least not this early in the week.
- When the Packers and Bears last met, both teams rushed for almost 200 yards against each other. That quarterback matchup was Josh McCown vs Seneca Wallace (basically). Now it looks like Jay Cutler (who has always struggled against Dom Capers) vs Matt Flynn.
- Which Eagles team will show up? The one that beats Chicago 54-11 or the one that gives up 48 to Minnesota? The Cowboys are 5-0 against NFC East teams. That makes me think they’re due for a divisional loss.
- Another Week 17 bummer for Tennessee. Don’t let that line fool you; For the last three seasons, Tennessee is known for losing to divisional bottom-feeders. That includes 2013 losses to Jacksonville and Houston. Tennessee wins but seven points is a stretch.
- I’m taking Falcons in an upset. Steve Smith is highly doubtful for this contest. The Falcons take advantage of home-field advantage and win in the closing minutes.
- The Ravens are more experienced, however, the Bengals (7-0 at home) are just playing too well at home. Plus, I’m not sure this Ravens team hasn’t overachieved at 8-8. They just haven’t played that well this season.
Straight Picks Record (Last Week): 11-5
Spread Picks Record (Last Week): 9-7
Straight Picks Record (Overall): 151-88
Spread Picks Record (Overall): 114-119
Titans Straight Picks (Last Week): CORRECT
Titans Picks Record (Overall): 9-5 (Missed DEN game)
Agree or disagree with these picks? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook.