Observations, Past Results
- Will the Panthers steal the division away from New Orleans? New Orleans has been dreadful away from home, but I’m siding with them one more time away from the dome.
- When I first made these picks, I picked Washington. Then I realized that a Washington win would almost certainly eliminate Dallas from another Week 17 elimination game (Bears aren’t stopping LeSean McCoy). Plus, the Redskins aren’t unreliable. So I’m banking on a motivated Dallas team. Not confident about it though.
- Bills have played some good teams very tough at home (New England, Carolina, Baltimore, Cincinnati, even Kansas City to an extent). For Miami, this is an extremely dangerous showdown. Fourth quarter is very important in this contest.
- Chiefs should destroy Colts. Same with Broncos vs Texans.
- Maybe the toughest game is Patriots at Ravens. The Ravens have always given this team fits. Neither team is at its best, although I’m not betting against John Harbaugh missing a playoff appearance for the first time in six attempts.
- Who knows with the Lions? Eli Manning and Matthew Stafford could combine for eight interceptions. I’m tempted to take New York because of the difference in coaching staffs. In the end, the Lions will probably meet their doom when they play that finale in the Metrodome.
- Falcons at 49ers? That looked so intriguing when the season started…
- Titans have lost nine of their last 10 AFC South games. They’re 0-4 this season. Beating Jacksonville is far from guaranteed and I’d strongly discourage you away from giving 5.5 points.
- Browns at Jets…yawn. Jets are 5-2 at home and the Browns are 1-5 away from home. Let’s give these Jets one more win.
- When will I learn my lesson? I take Denver (-10) against the Chargers last week…OOOPS! Now I’m taking Chargers (-10) against the Raiders. Well, the Raiders are pretty bad, although divisional rivalries often don’t go according to plan…
Straight Picks Record (Last Week): 10-6
Spread Picks Record (Last Week): 9-7
Straight Picks Record (Overall): 140-83
Spread Picks Record (Overall): 105-112
Titans Straight Picks (Last Week): CORRECT
Titans Picks Record (Overall): 8-5 (Missed DEN game)
Agree or disagree with these picks? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook.