Week 16 AFC Power Rankings: Observations
- The Patriots and Bengals couldn’t take advantage of improving their playoff seeding to a potential first-round bye or home-field advantage. That’s important when one considers that both teams are undefeated at home yet sub-.500 away from it.
- The Texans have lost 12 consecutive games. They basically have the 16th slot wrapped up.
- Who will win the AFC’s No. 6 seed? There are three teams to keep an eye on. The Chargers have the best quarterback. The Ravens have the most experience. The Dolphins may have the best overall team. The winner would likely play a wild-card road game at Cincinnati.
- The Broncos are as close to a dominant team as the AFC has. With that said, Peyton Manning doesn’t have a great playoff track record and the defense continues to surrender too many points.
- The Titans have lost eight of their last 10 games. Another loss to the Jaguars or Texans could mean doom for Mike Munchak‘s coaching career.
Agree or disagree with any of these power rankings? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook.