Observations, Past Results
- Chargers defense vs Peyton Manning in Denver. Yeah…Don’t like giving 10 points in divisional rivalries. I will here.
- So the Jaguars have won four of five. Yet, they’re underdogs hosting the Bills? Probably because three of Jacksonville’s four wins have come against helpless AFC South teams (Texans 2x, Titans). Bills are 1-5 away from home. I think they get one more road win this season…and that’s not coming at New England.
- The Colts aren’t bad enough to cough one up against the Texans…right?
- Panthers defense vs whoever plays quarterback for the Jets. Even if the Panthers don’t score more than 17, they could cover that 11 points. Jets are awful away from home. Go with Carolina.
- Ravens haven’t played well against NFC North teams. If they can barely beat Minnesota at home, then how do they beat Detroit at their place? Well, if Detroit keeps turning the football over…
- Rams were a tempting upset special. The Saints haven’t played as well away from home. While Rams keep it close, Kellen Clemens (or Austin Davis) isn’t beating Drew Brees.
- Another tempting upset pick came in Oakland and Kansas City. Oakland’s lost that pesky side of them over these last few weeks. I don’t trust their offense enough against that Chiefs defense.
- The Buccaneers are improved, however, they’re not ready for a 49ers team who’s playing for their playoff lives.
- Trusting the Falcons with six points? Odds are, the Redskins play better than they did last week. This is the same Falcons team that lost a home game to the Jets.
- It doesn’t sound like Aaron Rodgers is ready to return. Rodgers would carve that Cowboys secondary up. Then again, let’s not forget that Dallas was a city of horrors for Brett Favre. The Rodgers-less Packers can barely beat the Falcons, so there’s no reason to think they’ll upset Dallas.
Straight Picks Record (Last Week): 11-4 (Didn’t get around to publishing DEN pick. So that’s a no-contest).
Spread Picks Record (Last Week): 10-5
Straight Picks Record (Overall): 130-77
Spread Picks Record (Overall): 96-102
Titans Straight Picks (Last Week): MISSED (Would’ve took Denver plus points, but whatever).
Titans Picks Record (Overall): 7-5
Agree or disagree with these picks? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook.