Week 15 AFC Power Rankings: Observations
- Losing Rob Gronkowski could have a major impact on the Patriots offense. They can’t keep relying on these double-digit comebacks. AFC is weak but an NFC team will take advantage of it.
- The Broncos must stop surrendering so many points.
- Somehow, the Jaguars have won four of their last five games. With upcoming home games against the Bills and Titans, that 0-8 start could quickly become a 6-9 record with a potentially meaningless Week 17 game for Indianapolis. What a bounce back.
- The 4 vs 5 game appears like Colts at Chiefs. Interestingly, that’s a Week 16 matchup.
- The 3 vs 6 contest would likely end up as Ravens/Dolphins at Bengals. Bengals haven’t won a playoff game since Jan. 6, 1991. An advancing Bengals team may depend on how well Andy Dalton plays.
- The Texans fired Gary Kubiak following an 11-game losing streak. The Texans needed overtime to beat Tennessee and they needed a double-digit comeback against San Diego. How did this team go from back-to-back AFC Divisional playoff game appearances to favorite for first-overall pick?
- Raiders, Browns and Bills are all weak.
- The Jets still have road games against the Carolina Panthers and Dolphins. Good luck with that.
- Ravens remaining schedule: at Lions, vs Patriots, at Bengals (ouch). Dolphins remaining schedule: vs Patriots, at Bills, vs Jets (not bad). Chargers remaining schedule: at Broncos, vs Raiders, vs Chiefs (bad, especially since they’re 6-7).
- As a Titans follower looking at these playoff scenarios, all I can say is “Damn. They blew about as easy an opportunity as any team will get.”
Agree or disagree with any of these power rankings? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook.