Observations, Past Results
- Maybe I’m insane to take Green Bay (-7) over anyone. I’m taking it because the line seems so insane that Vegas may know something or feel confident about Aaron Rodgers playing (I don’t). Despite not having Julio Jones and Roddy White is hobbled, the Falcons pass almost 70 percent of the time. That lack of diversity should help Dom Capers create a decent game plan.
- No idea on Jets vs Raiders. Tiebreaker goes to Jets because they’re home team. Maybe they’re due for a win.
- Can Jacksonville sweep Houston? The Texans are due for a win. Jacksonville isn’t a home-field advantage. Maybe a Thursday Night Football Game is just what the doctor ordered to end this 10-game losing streak.
- Washington is tempting. The Chiefs have never been known to blow teams out. I’m just not confident enough in a Washington team that finds ways to lose games (or the referees will do it for them).
- Bears vs Cowboys is a tough one. Kind of think that Dallas is due for another loss. Chicago is due for a win.
- Is six points too much in a Rams vs Cardinals divisional rivalry? Perhaps. However, keep in mind that the Rams are 0-5 against defenses that surrender fewer than 5.0 yards per play (Seahawks, Panthers, Cardinals, 49ers (2x)). Kellen Clemens will struggle here.
- Not trusting the Lions in a road game. Eagles get the slight advantage.
- Keep an eye on the Titans vs Broncos weather report. While bad weather could affect Peyton Manning, don’t forget that Tennessee’s last snow storm resulted in a 59-0 beating. Broncos would win regardless but it may affect the margin of victory. That’s important in a 11.5-point spread.
- Needed to take an upset. While nothing jumps out at me, it’s hard to see the Colts get blown out yet again. Then again, maybe the Titans are just that bad. Everyone whoops on the Colts except the Titans, who can’t even beat them.
Straight Picks Record (Last Week): 11-5
Spread Picks Record (Last Week): 7-8
Straight Picks Record (Overall): 119-73
Spread Picks Record (Overall): 86-97
Titans Picks (Last Week): CORRECT
Titans Picks Record (Overall): 7-5
Agree or disagree with these picks? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook. Titans at Broncos pick comes out later this week..