Week 14 AFC Power Rankings: Observations
- I would’ve never imagined that, after Week 13, that I would’ve felt foolish about the Jaguars falling anywhere higher than No. 15 in these rankings. However, after winning three of their last four games, one could argue them anywhere from 11-15. Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley has done a marvelous job since his team lost its first eight games before the bye week.
- Ravens are my all-out favorite to win the No. 6 seed. They’ve been there and done that. Of all these 5-7 and 6-6 teams, the Ravens are the one who can pull off that shocker that gets them the extra win to go 9-7 instead of 8-8.
- Titans fall back a spot to No. 9. With upcoming games against the Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, they may fall into that worthless 11-14 category.
- A three-game losing streak means that the Chiefs had to drop a spot. They’re about equal with Cincinnati. That could end up as an AFC wild-card matchup between seeds No. 4 and No. 5.
- Could the Ravens or Dolphins surprise with a playoff win? Possibly, especially if the Colts get that No. 3 seed. Don’t forget that Miami already won at Indianapolis in Week 3.
- A Broncos vs. Patriots matchup may come down to how well Peyton Manning performs in unfavorable weather conditions.
Agree or disagree with any of these power rankings? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook.