Observations, Past Results
- Giving up that many points in an NFC North divisional rivalry game? Dangerous, even when an Aaron Rodgers-less team is involved. The Lions are falling apart. Unless Calvin Johnson goes insane (very possible), I’ll take the upset.
- Raiders are 0-3 against NFC East teams. That includes Nick Foles‘ seven-touchdown extravaganza. Oakland may keep it close…that’s it.
- Steelers vs Ravens is a toss up. I’ll take Pittsburgh because they have the better quarterback and, more importantly, I’m getting three points.
- Cardinals vs Eagles is another tough one. Eagles have had two weeks to prepare and they’re hosting a West Coast team. Let’s see how good Arizona is.
- Another difficult NFC North matchup. Bears run defense vs Adrian Peterson and Toby Gerhart. Despite that, I’m sticking with Chicago.
- Patriots. That’s a no-brainier.
- Browns’ quarterback situation is a mess. If anything happens to Brandon Weeden, then it’s Alex Tanney. Jaguars keep it close, however, I can’t see them winning their third game in four attempts, all of which would’ve came away from Jacksonville. I’m not buying that trend.
- The Rams are playing much better (evidenced with two blowout wins in last three games). Despite that, Kellen Clemens faces a 49ers defense that’s much better than anything he has seen. Plus, the 49ers ground game should overwhelm an average-at-best run defense. 49ers win big.
- Keep an eye on the Chiefs’ pass-rushing situation with Tamba Hali and Justin Houston (who isn’t expected to play). Chiefs have negligible chance if both guys miss.
- It’s hard to pick against New Orleans when they’re giving 5.5 points. Seahawks win a tight one.
- Which Chargers team shows up? They’re at home facing a Bengals team who’s coming off their bye. While the Bengals have many similarities to Kansas City (who San Diego just beat), I’m still liking them to take advantage of the extra week and pull out a win. Very tough matchup.
- Panthers should beat Buccaneers, although those divisional rivalries are more competitive than one may think. Both teams have good defenses so I’d avoid giving up more than a touchdown.
Straight Picks Record (Last Week): 7-7
Spread Picks Record (Last Week): 9-5
Straight Picks Record (Overall): 108-68
Spread Picks Record (Overall): 79-89
Titans Picks (Last Week): INCORRECT
Titans Picks Record (Overall): 6-5
Agree or disagree with these picks? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook. Titans at Colts pick comes out Wed. night or Thur. morning.