Observations, Past Results
- Three of the Jets’ last four road games: 38-13 loss to Titans, 49-9 loss to Bengals, 37-14 loss to Bills. Geno Smith has been atrocious away from home.
- Chargers vs Chiefs intrigues me. While the Chargers have lost three consecutive games, Philip Rivers is the second-best quarterback that Kansas City has faced. KC has struggled with defending their home turf against lesser quarterbacks. Any chance they overlook San Diego for the Week 13 matchup with Denver? I’m expecting a very, very desperate San Diego team, although I’m not confident with picking them in a tight game.
- Which Rams team shows up? That’s what this game comes down too. Zac Stacy could have a huge day against Chicago’s patchwork defense. Both teams are playing backup quarterbacks. Overall, I think Bears are a slightly better team.
- After two huge back-to-back wins, I’m a bit concerned that Carolina may sleep on Miami for this short-week contest. Expect a good game.
- Broncos are a better team than New England. It doesn’t mean New England can’t win. I just trust Denver more.
- Tampa Bay has played some competitive games with Super Bowl contenders (e.g. New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks). No reason they can’t do that with Detroit. Had this game been played in Tampa Bay, then I’d have gone with the upset. Not at Detroit, especially after their 37-27 loss in Pittsburgh.
- 49ers are a much better team than Washington. A three-game losing streak is very unlikely.
- Cardinals a 2.5-point favorite vs Andrew Luck‘s former offensive coordinator (Bruce Arians)? That seems a bit much.
- A 2-8 team with an eight-game losing streak is a 10-point favorite to a 1-9 team? Meh, I’ll give up the 10. Texans’ front seven will prove too much for Jacksonville.
Straight Picks Record (Last Week): 10-5
Spread Picks Record (Last Week): 5-8
Straight Picks Record (Overall): 101-61
Spread Picks Record (Overall): 70-84
Titans Picks (Last Week): INCORRECT
Titans Picks Record (Overall): 6-4
Agree or disagree with these picks? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook. Titans at Raiders pick comes out Wednesday