Below are some Week 9 NFL power rankings for the 2013-14 NFL season. Where do the Tennessee Titans rank among all 16 AFC teams? Coming off their bye week, they have two very winnable games against the St. Louis Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars. As for Week 8, they received a lot of help from teams who defeated potential AFC wild-card contenders. The New York Jets, Miami Dolphins and Pittsburgh Steelers were among the top contenders who lost their Week 8 matchups.
We’re Still Alive! No, Really! That AFC South Championship is OURS!!!…
15 Houston Texans 2-5
.500 Is Still Mathematically Possible!!!…
16 Jacksonville Jaguars 0-8
- If you’re a Titans enthusiast, you’ve got to love what happened this week. Although the Chargers are 4-3, don’t forget that four of their last nine games come against the Chiefs (8-0) and Broncos (7-1). On Dec. 1, San Diego hosts the Bengals (6-2). That Week 3 matchup could pay dividends when playoff tiebreakers are figured.
- I’m more concerned about the Ravens. They haven’t peaked yet. They’re due for at least one halfway decent winning streak. With John Harbaugh, the Ravens have barely squeaked into the postseason on numerous occasions. They’re plenty familiar with the role of clinching wild-card berths with 9-10 wins.
- I’m not buying into it, however, the Jaguars are making 0-16 look like a possibility. Will two weeks help them prepare for a road game against the Titans?
- There are a lot of losing streaks toward the middle and bottom of these AFC power rankings. Which teams can turn it around and jump ahead of the competition for a No. 6 seed?
- Mike Munchak really needs to take advantage of what’s proving as a soft conference. No reason that this team doesn’t at least get a No. 6 seed, if not the entire division championship.
Agree or disagree with any of these power rankings? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook.