QB: Jake Locker, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rusty Smith (2-2)
RB: Chris Johnson, Shonn Greene, Jackie Battle*, Quinn Johnson*, Jalen Parmele (4-6)
WR: Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Nate Washington, Damian Williams, Michael Preston*, Marc Mariani (7-13)
TE: Delanie Walker, Taylor Thompson, Craig Stevens, Jack Doyle (3-16)
OL (Starters): Michael Roos, Andy Levitre, Rob Turner, Chance Warmack, David Stewart (5-21)
OL (Reserves): Brian Schwenke, Fernando Velasco, Byron Stingily, Mike Otto (4-25)
Jake Locker, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chris Johnson, Shonn Greene, Kenny Britt, Justin Hunter, Kendall Wright, Nate Washington, Delanie Walker, Craig Stevens, Taylor Thompson, Michael Roos, Andy Levitre, Fernando Velasco, Chance Warmack, David Stewart, Brian Schwenke, Rob Turner, Byron Stingily (19-19)
Damian Williams (1-20)
Mike Otto (1-21)
Jackie Battle, Quinn Johnson, Marc Mariani, Michael Preston (4-25)
- Players with strikethrough text—
strikethrough text—were present on the Jul. 25-26 edition of roster projections. They’ve been replaced with players who have asterisks (*).
- Marc Mariani suffered a shoulder injury that has kept him out for most of the preseason. I see three scenarios playing out:
- If Mariani is healthy, he’s the No. 1 return specialist. Darius Reynaud is out.
- If Mariani must miss a couple games but avoids PUP, then Khalid Wooten and Damian Williams will handle kickoff/punt return responsibilities until Mariani returns. Reynaud doesn’t make the roster
- If Mariani starts the season on the physically unable to perform list (PUP), then Reynaud makes the team.
- Keeping seven wide receivers? It’s not impossible. Kenny Britt can’t stay healthy. Justin Hunter has an injury history from his days at the University of Tennessee. Kendall Wright enters Week 1 with his own knee injury. Marc Mariani has his own shoulder injury. Kevin Walter will either start on PUP or get released.
- I’ve removed Jack Doyle from the 53-man roster. Doyle has shown very little during preseason games. That final roster spot for an offensive player will probably come down to a No. 3 quarterback, No. 7 wide receiver or a No. 4 tight end. This following tweet may help Doyle’s cause:
TE Craig Stevens has big bag of ice on left knee. Looks like treatment for a contusion to me #Titans
— Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) August 25, 2013