Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean has uploaded a Tennessee Titans unofficial depth chart. Check out his tweet below.
— Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) August 14, 2013
If you check the top of the document, you’ll notice that it says “Preseason Week 2″ and “Tennessee Titans at Cincinnati Bengals.” This appears like a depth chart for that game IF every player not on the physically-unable-to-perform list (PUP) is healthy.
Take a look at some of the most interesting aspects from this depth chart.
- Darius Reynaud remains as the No. 3 running back. With Marc Mariani injured, Reynaud is listed as the primary kick returner and punt returner. Khalid Wooten is the backup kick returner. Damian Williams is the backup punt returner.
- Rob Turner remains as the starting center. Brian Schwenke follows right behind him.
- Fernando Velasco and Chris Spencer are listed as second-team offensive guards.
- Defensive tackle or defensive end? This depth chart has Karl Klug as a second-team defensive tackle.
- Starting cornerbacks are Jason McCourty and Alterraun Verner. Blidi-Wreh Wilson is a third-teamer.
- Colin McCarthy still owns the starting middle linebacker job. He just needs to get healthy.
- If Brett Kern gets injured, it appears as though George Wilson is the emergency holder.
- Backup free safety is Al Afalava.
This isn’t a final depth chart. Injuries and performance will force some changes. It does give fans an idea of what the coaches are thinking and who they believe has a chance at winning starting jobs and spots on the active roster.
Any surprises on this depth chart? Give your take in the comments, Twitter or Facebook.