There’s a little over two weeks left until the 2013 NFL Draft and teams around the AFC South are tidying up and bringing in future draftees for visits. News isn’t exactly pouring out right now, but here’s some of the better ones from the past few days:
- The guys over at Black and Teal released a 3-round mock draft the other day and have the Jacksonville Jaguars taking CB Dee Milliner with the 2nd overall pick, the Tennessee Titans taking WR Cordarrelle Patterson with the 10th pick, and (the surprise pick) the Houston Texans taking QB Matt Barkley. That’s definitely an mock.
- Are you a total babe? Well, I’ve always thought the Houston Texans had some of the most gorgeous cheerleaders in the NFL and they’re having their annual tryouts. 35 ladies will make the “final roster,” if you will.
- Toro Times looks at what the Texans have left in cap space and some of the vets they could still be looking to add to the roster before the draft. With just under $4 million, it might be a tough squeeze to add much more.
- I don’t mean to toot our own horn here, but Joshua Huffman wrote up a great piece the other day about the Titans trading back into the later end of the 1st round. He looks at pick values and what the Titans options are. It’s definitely worth the read.
- No one is really sure whether the big, secret free agent that Jim Isray was talking up on Twitter early in free agency was WR Darius Heyward-Bey or not, but I would hope not. The Indianapolis Colts got DHB for a good deal, and he’s got some upside, and having Andrew Luck throwing to him could be the thing that gets him over the hill. The Raiders certainly didn’t present the best scenario.
There’s a brief glimpse at what’s been going on around the AFC South this past week.
You can find me on Twitter @JustinLStewart