It’s April and there’s plenty going on around the AFC South. We’re less than a month away from the 2013 NFL Draft and teams are still filling their needs through free agency, but they’re also bringing in prospects for visits. Let’s take a look at what’s been going on around the AFC South:
- The Indianapolis Colts traded DE Clifton Geathers for the Philadelphia Eagles FB Stanley Havili. Can’t say I’ve heard much about either of these guys, but one writer thinks Havili is the bees knees.
- HoustonTexans.com rounds up Houston Texans mock draft picks from all over the important places on the interwebs. Surprise, surprise, most of them have the Texans taking a WR.
- Blaine Gabbert will be fighting to be the starting QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013. Gabbert says “It’s going to be a blast.” I’m sure that’s what he’s thinking. “Man, it’d be awesome if I could lose my job and get slapped with the ‘bust’ label!”
- We’re apparently starting in on that part of the year where people who know nothing about specific teams start spewing whatever they want about players. This week, we see that happen to the Tennessee Titans QB Jake Locker, who unbeknownst to everyone familiar with the Titans, has confidence issues, a lack of competitiveness, and no mental toughness. I have one response to that:
- WR Michael Jenkins has a contract offer from the Jaguars, but he’s still going to visit a few other teams. On another note, Jenkins has also fired his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. Rosenhaus seems to have lost a lot of players lately (*note: That’s a year old, but he keeps losing guys) ….
That’s what’s going on around the AFC South. Questions, comments, complaints? Leave ‘em below in the comments.
You can find me on Twitter @JustinLStewart