There’s been a lot going on over the past couple days in the AFC South with free agency signings, not necessarily of the largest and craziest of portions, but certainly of meaning. But enough of my blah, blah. Lets get into these links:
- Will Ed Reed be a Houston Texan before the week is out? That’s the name I keep hearing. Maybe the Texans think he’s one of the final pieces to the puzzle that can get them to the Super Bowl. I don’t think so, but he’s certainly a nice addition to an already tough defense.
- The Tennessee Titans released QB Matt Hasselbeck
- The Indianapolis Colts signed QB Matt Hasselbeck
- The Titans signed QB Ryan Fitzpatrick – these past three all happened within hours of each other. Mind = blown.
- Brad Meester is returning to the Jacksonville Jaguars for one more year. The thought of ending his career on such a horrible note as the Jaguars 2012 season. For his sake, as well as the Jaguars (and Khan’s mustache), I hope they do have a better 2013 season.
- And the honor of picking Mr. Irrelevant 2013 goes to… the Indianapolis Colts!
- It’s not the most recent news, but the Jaguars released WR Laurent Robinson this past week. That certainly had to sting a bit. Never fun forking over a hefty contract and realizing how big of a mistake it was so quickly. Have to give them props for admitting it though. Next on board: Who’s this team’s QB?
- Well, Kenny Britt was found not guilty of the DUI he was charged with just before the 2012 NFL season. While that’s great for him and his record, it doesn’t do much for me. Not guilty, but not innocent. He’s got a pretty big bridge to build in between now and when he becomes a free agent in 2013.
Do you have a link worth reading that isn’t posted up here and you think it should be? Post it down in the comments below. There’s plenty to talk about this week, even if it’s just small news.
You can find me on Twitter @JustinLStewart