The Tennessee Titans made a splash early in free agency and are still swimming in the free agency waters. Here’s a look at the moves they’ve made thus far, as well as rumors and interests.
Agreed to terms
- OG Andy Levitre -The Titans went out and immediately got Levitre. They payed handsomely for him, giving him a 6 year, $46.5 million contract. He should vastly improve the offensive lines play for the Titans.
- TE Delanie Walker – Jared Cook walked out the door and right back into coach Jeff Fisher’s loving arms in St. Louis. The Titans decided to save at the position and went with Delanie Walker, formerly of the 49ers. Walker can play almost any position you put him at, whether it be TE, FB, or OT. Look for him to be used early and often with two-TE sets.
On the verge of signing
- DT Sammie Hill – This looks like the end of DT Sen’Derrick Marks time in Tennessee. Hill is scheduled to work out for the Titans today, where he is expected to sign a contract before leaving. Hill could be the steal of free agency. I’ve heard nothing but good things about him from Lions followers, saying he was stuck behind Detroit’s talented Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley and deserves a shot to start elsewhere. His 330 lbs frame should help the Titans finallyshore up the run defense.
- RB Shonn Greene – Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean says that indications are the Titans plan to sign Greene when he comes in for his workout today. I don’t like that signing. Greene is a hot/cold back, with mostly cold. Here’s what I said about him earlier (link).
Free agent interests
- WR Danny Amendola – His name was immediately linked to the Titans when free agency opened. I thought it was some sort of joke, but apparently not. The Titans are said to be highly interested in bringing him in, for whatever insane reason. I will throw my hands into the air if they bring in this injury prone man. Here’s my article about it from this morning (link).
- Safety Gerald Sensabaugh – The Titans have apparently shown interest in recently cut safety Gerald Sensabaugh, cousin to the Titans CB Coty Sensabaugh. While it’s interesting, I don’t think anything comes of it. The Titans already have SS George Wilson and with cap space starting to get limited, they’ll probably wait until the draft where there is a talented crop of young guys to pick from. Don’t expect much from this.
Players cut/Trade talk
- CUT – SS Jordan Babineaux – The Titans cut Babineaux loose just priorto free agency opening. His poor play in 2012 and the fact that they’d signed Wilson made him extra fat prime for the cutting. Not a surprising move by any means.
- TRADE TALK – WR Nate Washington – The Titans have been shopping Washington around in hopes of making room for Amendola. I’d like to slap them for the idea, and if you missed the link above on Amendola, here’s me explaining why (link).
Signings and re-signings
- SS George Wilson - The Titans brought Wilson on shorty after his release from the Buffalo Bills. It was a great move that vastly improved a position that seemingly lacks any talent.
- FB Quinn Johnson - Why the Titans insist on having a FB that does little for them, we’ll never know. Why they insist on having one after signing hybrid TE Delanie Walker, who would do just fine in the position the very few times they utilize it baffles me even more. None the less, he’s back.
- DE Keyunta Dawson - Jim Wyatt loves this re-signing while I generally detest it. Dawson has done little in his career and I see no reason why he should burst onto the scene anytime soon. Poor man’s depth solution, in my opinion.
Here’s a link to the Titans latest salary cap numbers after all their moves thus far: (link)
We’ll continue to keep you updated here at TitanSized.com and on Twitter, so be sure to keep checking in and let us know what you think of the Titans moves thus far.
You can find me on Twitter @JustinLStewart