Welcome back to the weekly Tennessee Titans links. Chris Johnson should surely consume the Titans’ headlines this week as the team needs to make their decision on keeping him by Friday or they guarantee $9M of his $10M due. Some of the links involve him, but there’s some other goodies from around the Web for my peeps also. Feel free to reply any cool links you’ve found in the comments thread.
* Chris Johnson speaks about how far the Titans are from a Super Bowl. It’s so far away “it’s like it’s in space.” That’s awesome.
* Chad Minton at the Bleacher Report gives a rundown of which offensive players need an expanded role in 2013. He’s 2 for 4 in my opinion. Cook and Kendall Wright definitely need expanded roles. Jamie Harper should be cut though, and I’m not sure I agree with the take on Locker. He’s the starter, so how much can you expand that role? He needs to not be injured and have a good coordinator, not “run” more.
* John Glennon gives a rundown of some Titans’ contracts for the upcoming season. These players could be cut outright or their contracts redone in order to free up more cap space.
* Chris Johnson tells a local radio show how the money from his big pay day didn’t change him, and how the next payment won’t either.
* Randy Moss told reporters that the Titans “blackballed” him during his stay in Tennessee. He wonders why the Titans even claimed him if they weren’t going to use him. Good question.
* Titans Draft has released their latest 2 round mock. The Titans still get Warmack which would be great but just won’t happen.
34 days until Free Agency opens
78 days until the Draft
How many days until hope is renewed?
You can follow me on Twitter @gunnelsj