That might be the longest title for any article I have ever written. But trust me, it will be worth it. Or don’t trust me…I don’t care. As the title so clearly indicated, I have 5 suggestions for the Tennessee Titans on their off week. Usual disclaimer: This is not an exhaustive list. I’m sure there are plenty of other things they should do this week.
1. Bud Adams needs to call out the team again.
They should have beaten the Miami Dolphins by more than 34 points. How dare this team let the Dolphins score at all? We see how the team responded to Bud’s first smack-down. The Bud Adams’ crazy rant needs to become a weekly tradition. Win or lose. If it inspires the kind of performance we saw from the Titans last week, then I’m all for it.
2. Kenny Britt and Jared Cook need to practice catching footballs.
I realize that it might be asking a lot for two of the more talented receivers on the roster to consistently catch the ball, but I’m dreaming big here. I know that Britt and Cook are both open a lot, and don’t always get thrown to, but that is no excuse for dropping catchable and crucial passes.
3. Jamie Harper needs to get a new profession.
That might sound harsh, but can you really disagree? He’s just not very good at his current job. And that is being kind. I really wanted to see him take a step forward this year, but instead, he has taken a bunch of steps sideways and a few tripping-over-his-own-feet backwards.
4. The Titans need to come up with a really great nickname for their starting linebackers.
I’ve got a few, but I’m not sure if any of them really do this trio justice:
- The Trinity (only not blasphemous)
- Ayers, McCarthy, and Brown will crush their enemies, see them driven before them… and hear the lamentation of their women! (Perhaps that is too long.)
- The Alphabet. (A through Z and all that. I did say that these weren’t that good…right?)
5. Jake Locker is awesome.
I know. That’s not a suggestion, just a certifiable fact. Look it up.
So, there they are. Five timely and important things for the Titans to consider this week. Of course, the most important thing for this team to do this week is to rest and get healthy. And the coaches need to spend every hour they can figuring out what has worked and what hasn’t this season. And then start doing the things that worked, pretty much exclusively. I guess they could work in a few of the things that haven’t worked, just to keep their opponents guessing. Just don’t make a habit of it.
So, let me know what you think the team needs to do this bye week. I would love to hear what other fans are thinking about this team right now.