The Tennessee Titans came out with a much needed win against the Buffalo Bills yesterday with a final score of 35-34, moving the Titans to a 3-4 record on the season. That has them tied up with the Indianapolis Colts, who also won this last week and will be in Nashville this coming week. That game will decide who is second best in the AFC South.
But we’ve got an entire week to talk up that game. Let’s look at some stats from the Titans victory yesterday:
- Chris Johnson had 195 yards on 18 touches with 2 TD’s. That brought his YPC on the season up to 4.5 and leaves him just 4 yards short of 500 yards on the season.
- CB Jason McCourty recorded his 2nd interception of the season, which makes it one interception in the past two games. It also makes him the team leader for INT’s.
- FS/SS Al Afalava got some playing time when FS/SS Jordan Babineaux was benched for a little bit. Afalava put on some mean hits. He brought some really great energy to the field. It doesn’t mean he’ll get more playing time in the future.
- The Titans lost the TOP battle, though it was only by about a minute. Titans- 29:41 Bills- 30:19
- The Titansgot 4 of their 5 touchdowns running the ball, two of which were Chris Johnson’s first two TD’s of the season.
- Titans were 9/14 on 3rd down efficiency.
- DE Kamerion Wimbley recorded his 2nd sack of the season and forced a fumble on the same play, which was recovered by DE Derrick Morgan.
- WR Kendall Wright had quiet day, recording only 3 receptions for 19 yards. It was also a quiet day for TE Jared Cook who had 2 receptions for 37 yards. WR Nate Washingtonled the team with 6 receptions for 43 yards and the game-winning TD.
- RB Jamie Harper had 7 carries for 8 yards and 2 TD’s. His longest run of the day was 8 yards.
- QB Matt Hasselbeck was 22/33 for 205 yards, 1 TD, and 0 INT’s.
This win keeps the Titans playoff hopes alive but they still have a long ways to go. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick found success against them, as has every other QB so far. They give up way to many underneath passes and Gray has to start tweaking his scheme if this team is to be a serious contender. They’ve got the players but I am not a believer in how he’s using his scheme.
Either way, I’m just happy the Titans got another win.
You can find me on Twitter @JustinLStewart