There were a few Tennessee Titans stories I could have wrote today, but I felt gathering up all the recent news and making short blurbs of them would be better. So here we are…
- Jason McCourty and the Titans have been in talks about a contract extension. That’s what I’ve been waiting to hear. McCourty is a star in the making and the veteran of the CB squad. Letting him finish the last year of his rookie contract without having signed an extension would be a major mistake. While nothing is imminent, I’d bet my life on him getting that extension, sooner rather than later.
- Kendall Wright hurt himself diving for an errant ball the other day. X-rays revealed there’s no real damage. It’s a shoulder strain *cue sighs of relief. Wright will at least be limited in the rest of OTA’s, though I’d expect him to be a go for when the real practices start. It’s definitely a little frightening when the insurance policy you got for the injury-prone Kenny Britt gets injured. I about died when I heard the news yesterday… Here’s to a healthy season for both!
- OTA’s have been going quite well for the Titans. Unlike many other teams, the Titans won’t have a break between OTA’s and minicamp, which starts next week (booyah!). They hope to carry the momentum over into minicamp.
- Though TE Daniel Graham may be gone, his protege is still here and carrying the important lessons he learned from him. The young TE Cameron Graham learned blocking techniques from the vet.
- Everybody wants to get better and they’re working after practices to do so. Jake Locker, Marc Mariani, Damian Williams, and a bunch of rookies all want to be the best they can be and they’re putting in the work to do so. You gotta love the atmosphere Munchak and the rest of the new coaching staff has created.
You can also find me on Twitter @JustinLStewart