1. This season was a wasted chance at an easy playoff berth. The Jacksonville Jaguars and Houston Texans currently lack the pedigree and the coaching to be elite caliber teams. This has been a two team division race since the realignment and the advent of the AFC South. Let’s face it, the Colts have not been this weak in a long time. At least Peyton Manning is not getting any younger…
2. Kenny Britt is for real. It should now be obvious to every human being on the planet that Britt is the secret weapon of the Titan offense. Chris Johnson is a yardage machine, but without Britt there’s little he can do against 8 and 9 in the box spying his every move. Britt has the speed, skill, and size to be a top 5 wide receiver in the NFL. Next year will remove any doubt.
3. The Titans will pick 8th overall… and they should draft an interior offensive lineman. Quarterback is a huge problem, but unless the Titans can move up and draft one of the elite passers that may or may not be available come draft day, they are better served shoring up an offensive line that is absolutely atrocious. Only David Stewart should be safe from serious scrutiny.
4. Chris Johnson will be back. His lack of selection to the Pro Bowl is bogus. Maurice Jones-Drew is more fragile and less effective with the ball on another non-playoff team and he will be in Hawaii? Nevermind that CJ2K alters defensive schemes the way Randy Moss did in his reign of terror as a deep threat. Or that he followed up a historic 2000 yard season with the second highest encore performance, ever. His 1400-yard season was a letdown. I get it. Makes sense.
5. Expect the axe to sometime today. Jeff Fisher’s post-game comments were indicative that he expects to be looking for a job elsewhere next season. The TitanSized poll agrees with this opinion (feel free to vote if you have not already). Bud Adams has said that he plans to meet with the Titan board regarding all-things-Fisher (and his severance package, most likely).