With the CJ2K Standoff underway, it is worth mentioning that putting a draft class with Pacman as the first round pick should suddenly be seen in a different light.
1. 2005 Class
Adam “Pacman” Jones, Michael Roos, Courtney Roby, Brandon Jones, Vincent Fuller, David Stewart, Roydell Williams, Damien Nash, Daniel Loper, Bo Scaife, Reynaldo Hill
– Landing two franchise tackles in Roos and Stewart (arguably one of the best tandems currently in the league) in one draft automatically secures the top spot for this class.
– Although, Pacman turned out to be a catastrophic first round pick (ultimately being traded for a 4TH round pick to the Cowboys), there is no arguing that he was and possible still is a dynamic player on the field.
– Scaife, who has become a franchise tag captive of late, is cheaply irreplaceable as VY’s safety valve.
– Fuller, in my humble opinion, is one of the most underrated nickel backs in the league. Just look at the 3 games he missed (Weeks 4-6), if you can bear to watch those atrocities again.
– It’s worth mentioning that after releasing Roby he became the leading return man for the now Superbowl Champion New Orleans Saints… whoops.
When I look at this year’s draft class I have to be honest, I don’t expect as much bang as the Titans have received from the above class. But what do you think?