Hello everyone. I hope all eight of you are having a nice weekend. I am sitting on the couch in a pair of camo sweatpants (with pockets!) that are 3 times too big for me and a white t-shirt with Cheetos stains on the neck. Don’t worry, it makes me just as sad. Let’s just move on. A few things have happened over the last day or so that we are of note with the Titans so I thought I would share.
- The St. Louis Rams finally cut WR Torry Holt yesterday, bringing an end to a 10-year career with the franchise. Apparently, there was a trade in place that would have brought him to Nashville, but it fell through because Holt wouldn’t restructure his contract. Now that he’s free to sign with any club, there will surely be some competition to gain his services.
- Chris Carr is no longer a free agent. He’s also no longer a Titan. The CB/return specialist has agreed in principal to a 2-year, $5 million deal with the Baltimore Ravens. Carr was looking for more playing time in the secondary, and the Ravens are in need of help in that department after losing Chris McAllister, Samari Rolle, Corey Ivy and Jim Leonhard this offseason. Ugh, I hate the Ravens. And now I hate Chris Carr. OK, not really, but I am disappointed in you Chris.
- To offset the loss, the Titans signed restricted free-agent cornerback Jarrett Bush to an offer sheet. This actually happened last night, so the team must have finally decided that they weren’t going to bring Carr back. Bush has spent the last three seasons as a Green Bay Packer. Since he is a restricted free agent, the Packers will actually have seven days to match the offer. Chances are he will enter his fourth a Tennessee Titan.
- Even with the addition of Bush, the Titans will probably look to add someone who can return kicks and possibly add more depth to the secondary. Earlier on in free agency they showed some interest in former Jets and Raiders return man Justin Miller. They also hosted former Carolina Panther returner (and University of Tennessee star) Mark Jones. Look for them to revisit this in the coming weeks.
- I got a chance to see a band I fancy called King Khan & the Shrines last night at the Exit/In (which explains why I’m wearing camouflage sweatpants and have Cheeto stains on my shirt). Amazing. One of the wildest, most fun shows I have ever seen. Not quite as bodacious as Les Savy Fav in Atlanta, but in the same neighborhood. I won’t even try and explain what they sound like (I think I said both “psychadelic garage rock” and “motown big band doo wop” to two different people. I have no idea what either of those mean.) but I highly suggest you checking them out if you don’t know their music. And if they are coming to your area, do not miss them. Well worth the $15.
Alright, that’s it. That’s all I’ve got. I’m gonna go sulk now that my Tarheels got put out of the ACC tournament and Auburn is struggling with UT (who are one of the most talented, yet sloppiest basketball teams I have ever seen). Maybe I’ll open that second bag of Cheetos…
Topics: ACC, ACC Tournament, Auburn Tigers, Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers, Cheetos, Chris McAllister, Chriss Carr, Corey Ivy, Exit/In, Jarrett Bush, Jim Leonhard, Justin Miller, King Khan & The Shrines, Les Savy Fav, Mark Jones, MySpace, Nashville TN, New York Jets, North Carolina Tarheels, Oakland Raiders, Samari Rolle, SEC, SEC Tournament, St. Louis Rams, Tennessee Titans, Tennessee Vols, Tennessee Volunteers, The City Paper, The Nashville City Paper, The Tennessean, Titans Online, Torry Holt, University Of Tennessee, UT, Vice Records