So the scenarios will get a lot less ridiculous (hopefully) in the next two weeks, but:
YOUR TENNESSEE TITANS CLINCH A PLAYOFF SPOT IF:
TEN win + MIA loss or tie + BAL loss or tie + PIT loss
- Fun Stat from our crack research staff at Titan Sized: 2-7. That’s the record of opposing teams the week after playing the Titans. Now you may say that this is a function of a weak Titans schedule. We play bad teams so they’re more likely to lose. Well we’ve played some good-to-decent teams this season too. My theory: the Titans play such a physical style of football, they wear down their opponents. We’re one of the toughest (if not the toughest) teams you could have the misfortune of playing. Bottom line: someone get me the point spread for the Jags v. Vikings game!
- “A lollipop in the air!” Chris Carr‘s interception. Congratulations on a fantastic game sir. The bar has now been raised. It’s time to take a kick/punt to the house.
- Where can I get my poster of Justin Gage stiff-arming Reggie Nelson all the way to the endzone? Wait… I found it! (Thanks NFL.com):
- Congratulations to the Vanderbilt Commodores, who in beating the Kentucky Wildcats Saturday night, recorded their 6th win of the season. That makes them bowl eligible for the first time since 1982. The ‘Dores have a big game against the University of Tennessee Volunteers this weekend. Even though UT is having a horrible year, there’s a lot of bragging rites on the line.
- Finally, I love me some Jevon Kearse, seriously. but if KVB is healthy, is he really the second best defensive end on our team? Is it time for one of our young guys to get the start?