Well, sorta. In a few hours, the Titans will square off against the Rams in the first preseason game of the 2008 season. I will be there because I have wonderful friends with great tickets. I should have a break down of the game at some point tomorrow as well, so look out for that. Supposedly, VY and the first team will play about a quarter and a half, so I think we’ll get a decent feel for how these young guys have meshed together this offseason.
Things I’ll be paying attention to:
- Chris Johnson – I’ll always have an eye on him. I know it’s too early to expect a whole lot, but I’m excited to see what he can do. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep up… and the Rams defense won’t.
- Dinger’s offense – I imagine the play calling will be pretty vanilla tonight, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him air it out a few times. It will also be interesting to see how he uses the fifty tight ends that we have on the roster.
- The rookie linemen – It seems as though Jason Jones and William Hayes will play a large role in the defense this year and they should get some good minutes tonight. It will be their first real game action and it should be interesting to see how Jim Schwartz uses the two. Will Jones play tackle, end? We’ll find out soon enough.
- The secondary – This may be our strongest unit, so I’m hoping that when “Paynesworth” and KVB aren’t dislocating shoulders, these guys are shutting down Torry Holt, Drew Bennett (which ain’t hard) and whoever else they trot out there. They’re a young, smart and deep group that will be a big part of any success that the team has this year.
- Jeff Fisher’s stache’ – It is a beauty that can only be completely appreciated in person. Totally worth the price of admission.